‘Teaching Schools are outstanding schools that work with others to provide high quality training and development to new and experienced school staff. They are part of the government’s plan to give schools a central role in raising standards by developing self- improving and sustainable school-led system.
Schools who successfully apply to form a teaching school alliance need to:
- Have an outstanding rating from OFSTED
- Provide evidence of successful partnerships
- Show excellent leadership with a proven track record of school improvement
- Have an outstanding headteacher with at least three years experience
- Have a leadership team with the capacity to lead the six core areas of the teaching school role’
In essence the aim of the teaching school is to create a self- improving system which nurtures excellence and best practice.